Tuesday 18 September 2012

Vintage, second hand, thrifted...

I will be honest with you ladies, I used to be a bit of a snob when it came to charity shops, second hand ebay finds and vintage. My sister used to buy most of her wardrobe from charity shops when she was a student and I just didnt get it. Her interesting london friends would wear skirts made from curtains which was all a bit too sound of music for me.
But since delving into the world of blogs, the resession and living in Brighton I have a new found love for the great british charity shop, eBay and anything vintage. Yes charity shops smell a bit and are normmaly run by little old ladies who eat worthers behind the counter but you can find some bargins in your local charity shop you just have to have a good look.
With eBay it can be a bit hit and miss, you can't try it on and it never looks like it did on line when it arrives on the mat wrapped in a bin liner crumpled, but at times you get something that you really love and think...Whoop and yey me!!! (well I do anyway) here are some recent pre loved items I have found.
This first dress is vero moda dress via my local charity shop for £5.99 belt charity shop 99p and green bracelet 50p new look sale.
This dress I was origionally from New Look but I got it c/o eBay & I absolutely love it, I first saw it on this blog all about the girl (she has nice style go and do a blog hop and check it out) and I finally won it for £5 after being out bid too many times. Cardigain is also from a charity shop via F&F for £3.50.

And last but not least my vintage St Michael dress.

Two out of three have pockets which is always a major plus for me. Have you bought anything from eBay or a charity shop that you really love?

Gemma xxx

This post comes from a serial procrastinator and looking at these pictures blogging seemed much more appealing than tidying my very messy bedroom :)

2 comments:

  1. The heart dress is so cute! well won! I go through phases on ebay, I often buy unbranded BIT stuff, but its rare for me to enter a bidding war!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go back and forth between wanting everything from a thrift store/charity shop to wanting all of the latest and greatest. Your finds are great and I'm glad you're back on the blog wagon. :)

    ReplyDelete